Get the most out of your day
Life can get hectic on any given day. Endless work meetings, after school activities, meal planning, 30 minutes of Healthy Motion, drinking 64 ounces of water daily. It’s never ending!
It’s critical to focus time and energy on what matters most to many of us in the OPTAVIA Program: lifelong transformation, one healthy habit at a time™.
I recommend these tips to help optimize your daily routine.
- Keep an updated calendar. A calendar can play a role in keeping a healthy lifestyle top-of-mind as it helps to keep menu plans and exercise schedules at the forefront and on the brain.
- Say "no" to things. Time is the biggest excuse for putting a healthy lifestyle on the back burner. By saying no to things, it frees up more time to prepare foods in advance, exercise, and make living a healthy lifestyle a priority.
- Work on relationships. Positive healthy relationships are crucial. With these intact, your mind can focus on other things because there’s no worry or stress. This also makes it easier to keep making healthy choices.
- Create a peaceful place for a few minutes a day. In order to be the best version of you for those around you need to take time to reflect and think. This will make your healthy decisions a priority with many other things begging for attention.
- Put together a to-do list before bed or first thing in the morning. To-do lists keep you focused, serve as a reminder, and help to prioritize the things that require the most attention. They also reduce your chances of becoming stressed, which increases your chances of continuing to make healthy choices.