Many of us use food as a centerpiece. Break the cycle and find foodless activities to help retrain your brain. Be mindful when cravings hit and try fun alternatives without food. Here are some ways to expand your toolbox.
- Get outside. Free yourself of temptation and spend time in the great outdoors. Go for a walk, run, or hike to get your heart rate pumping. Tend to your garden or take a seat and let your senses soar.
- Start a hobby. Knitting, reading, woodworking, photography. YouTube is filled with countless videos of fun activities to learn. Find a hobby that interests you and refocus your mind on learning.
- Join a gym or exercise class. What better way to retrain your brain than focusing on healthy motion. Join a local gym or studio and get moving to help improve your mood and relieve stress.
- Challenge your brain. Mind games are a great way to strengthen your brain. Dust off your puzzles and games or play a card game like Solitaire to distract your mind for a bit.
- Support yourself with good self-care. Make time for relaxation to help decompress from the day and recharge. Treat yourself to a spa visit or weekend getaway. Or, spend time with friends and connect with others to buffer the effects of stress.
Pop on the Habits of Health call tonight, March 1st, and embrace the opportunities you have and redirect your focus. Cultivating healthy lifestyle habits can help you cope with obstacles that stand in your way. Retrain your brain during emotional times and enjoy foodless fun!