Water is essential to our overall health and wellbeing. Based on his Dr. A’s Habits of Health book, Dr. Wayne Andersen calls for about 64-ounces of water consumption per day.
This may seem like a lot so we wanted to highlight some specific benefits of water to ensure you that it is essential when seeking Optimal Wellbeing.
- Water can help control calories. This all-natural, calorie-free beverage is an essential component of a healthy metabolism. In addition, water may reduce hunger by filling you up if consumed prior to meals.
- Water keeps skin looking fresh and vibrant. Water moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. It’s a great anti-aging treatment.
- Water increases energy and reduces fatigue. Staying properly hydrated can help you focus, concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, water will also boost your energy levels!
If you think you need to be drinking more water, here are some tips to increase your intake:
- Have water with every snack and meal.
- Eat vegetables with a higher water concentration, such as cucumbers and celery.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag.
Join me this Wednesday, April 11th for our Habits of Health call to learn more. As a community, I'm here to support you as we all achieve lifelong transformation, one healthy habit at a time™.