Your heart is an incredible organ that works hard nonstop. In honor of American Heart month, show your heart some love this Valentine's Day!
Making small changes to your habits can make a big difference when it comes to heart health. Here are some tips to follow that will prepare your heart for a sweet Valentine's Day.
- Before walking into the Supermarket, wait. Ask yourself if you're feeling hungry. Before stepping into the store, make sure to eat something first. Keep a few OPTAVIA Bars in your bag, just in case. Your heart will thank you for it.
- Weigh your protein cooked before you dig in. Weigh out 5-7 ounces depending on the type of protein you select. Because your heart is an important muscle, eating the right amount of protein will help to keep it strong.
- Did you get the right amount of sleep last night? Record your favorite late night shows so you can get to bed earlier. You can always watch them later, and sleep helps your heart!
- Have you taken any steps to reduce stress today? Take that yoga class you've been interested in at the local gym - you'll feel calmer after it's over and reducing stress helps your heart now!
- When is the last time you hung out with friends? If you haven't seen your friends in a long while, make an excuse to get together. Host a book club or gather at a local coffee shop.
Keep your heart healthy and make small habit changes. Your heart will love you for it!
"Lifelong Transformation - one healthy habit at a time!"